How do you move forward when life is so busy?
Especially when all you want to do is sleep because you are exhausted from the prior day?
Sometimes it can seem impossible to make any progress on our goals especially if we are still working a full time job and have a family.
If you don’t purposefully make the time and take action on your goals and dreams, someone else will make that decision for you.
You and only you are responsible to design your destiny, no one else can do this for you. Many of us are in survival mode trying to stay afloat while time just keeps passing us by. So how can we shift from survival mode to thriving mode?
I am here to tell you that you can live each moment of your life on your terms and it starts with having a daily routine.
Either you run your day or your day runs you. You ultimately get to make that decision.
A daily routine can literally change your life.
The most successful people in the world have daily routines and do a few things before they start their day (more specifically before 8am).
So what are some of the things that most successful people do before 8am?
They do the following:
1. Meditate & Pray. What you focus on expands. After awaking from a good night’s sleep it is critical that you both meditate and say a prayer as it sets the tone for your day. Meditation is for clearing the mind and listening. Prayer is for asking. Both are necessary for success. Starting from a place of being grateful for the blessings that you already do have sets you up for acquiring more blessings. Meditation and prayer also sets up your mindset for success.
2. Visualize. “Whatever your mind can conceive and believe the mind can achieve regardless of how many times you may have failed in the past.” Napoleon Hill
Your mind is a powerful tool, many don’t utilize it at it’s fullest potential on a daily basis. Successful people visualize their goals, dreams and desires on a daily basis. This is such an important step in the success process. You not only must visualize what you want but you must also FEEL the feelings that are associated with having what it is that you want. When you see it in your mind and feel the emotions along with the vision, you will be unstoppable.
3. Journal. It is time for a brain dump. You want to write down anything that is on your mind first thing in the morning and anything that comes up for you while writing. This is a great technique for getting all of the stuff out of your head and onto paper. When you journal you may also get inspired ideas to take action on. The best way to start your day is with a clear head and journaling allows us to get everything out of our head and onto paper.
4. Move Your Body. Bed Yoga, doing a youtube exercise video in your room, taking a walk, stretching, doing some crunches, head to the gym or do arm crunches with soup cans. I don’t care how you move your body but research shows that every successful person moves their body everyday. Moving your body gets you into a heightened state, gets the blood flowing and the endorphins increased. When you move your body you are ready to take action.
5. Map Out Your Day. Before heading to bed successful people make a to-do list of the tasks that need to get done for the next day. In the morning they take time to review their tasks and map out their days. They look at both short term and long term goals. The most important aspect in this step is to try to do the hardest things first thing in the day and prioritize one to three things that need to get done first. When you approach your day with this focus and tenacity, it makes the rest of the day easier.
6. Listen/Read Uplifting Content. This is a non-negotiable task everyone must do if you want to become successful. It is known that successful people are constantly learning and they never stop. There is no excuse, today everyone is on their phones, in their cars and have access to podcasts, audio books, regular books and the internet. Your schedule might be crazy busy but you can always find the time to read or listen to amazing content that will help advance your career and life.
7. Drink Water & Put Healthy Food in Your Body. Most people forget how dehydrated our bodies can become when we are sleeping so in the mornings drinking water is super important. Also making sure that our first meal is something healthy, as our bodies are our temples and we should treat them as such. Drinking water throughout the day eliminates toxins and eating the right kinds of foods helps you to perform at optimal levels. If you just drink more water throughout the day and make healthier eating choices you will see your performance and success elevate!
I would love to know what tips you are excited to implement into your life right now?